What is Google Ads (Previously Known as Google AdWords)?
Google AdWords or Google Ads is an advertising service where marketers bid on specific keywords to have their ads show up in Google’s search result pages. It’s a pay per click (PPC) ad platform where you pay for every click on your ad.
It’s the easiest way to rank on the top of the search engines for your target keywords. What’s more, you pay for your ads only when someone clicks on them.
There are essentially 2 ways to advertise on the Google Ads platform:
- The Google Search Network – You get to display your ads to people who use the keywords you are targeting. For instance, if you offer plumbing services in Melbourne, you’d bid to display your ad every time someone uses a keyword “plumbing services Melbourne.” The type of ad you can show include text ads, call-only ads, dynamic search ads, Google video ads, image ads and Google Shopping ads.
- The Google Display Ads Network – This is primarily a display ad network where your banner ad shows up on websites you believe your target audiences will visit. This is a great way to get your brand in front of your target audience and increase your online reach.
So why is Google Ads important? Given that SEO is free, why should you even consider investing in paid ads?
Organic ranking is not in your control. You rank on the top only if the search algorithm finds your page fit for the first-page ranking. Add to that, the constant updates that Google makes to its algorithm. And then, there are your competitors who are willing to pay for visibility. Further, SEO is not exactly free. It takes time, resources and strategy.
Google Search Ads can help generate instant traffic to your website. Why wait until your SEO strategy delivers results when you can generate some high quality traffic instantaneously? Can your business afford this wait and watch approach?
What’s more, Google advertising can bring highly targeted traffic. Our PPC specialists can maximize your ROI by reducing wasteful clicks and ensuring high conversions.
There are many other features of Google Ads that make it an important part of your digital marketing strategy:
- Ability to show your location to search users.
- Ability to target specific search queries.
- Ability to target ads locally.
- Display your contact information.
- Follow your prospective customers with retargeting.
- Reach mobile users.
- Ability to control where your ad gets seen.
- You can control your Google AdWords budget.
- Run multiple campaigns to suit your marketing requirements.