I hope you enjoy reading this blog post.
If you want to get more traffic, Contact Us
Click Here - Free 30-Minute Strategy Session
Be quick! FREE spots are almost gone for this Month. Free Quote
Here’s one thing you need to remember the moment you become a marketer – the ability of your business/enterprise to attract new customers can make all the difference between earning well and forcing to shut shop. Yes, it is that important.
First of all, what is Google AdWords? It is an online advertising platform that is one of the most successful and popular advertising networks worldwide. With a huge number of businesses already using Google AdWords to reach out to newer customers, you need to be quick and jump on the bandwagon if you don’t want to be left behind.
Click Here – Free 30-Minute Strategy Session
Be quick! FREE spots are almost gone for this Month
Google AdWords are essential for advertising of any sort. Not only is it a vital tool to all businesses out there, but the trick is knowing how to use it well. If you want to make sure that your ROI is stellar and that you are able to run a string of successful Online Advertising Campaigns, using Google AdWords in an effective manner is the answer.
Now before we delve into how to use Google AdWords, it’s equally, if not more important, to thoroughly set up your AdWords account first. For all of you thinking of it to be quite a formidable task, nothing to worry at all. It is a relatively easy and straightforward process that will only take a few minutes of your time.
Whether you want to create a specific Google account for AdWords or simply use your existing account, the choice is yours. Once that is out of the way, next will be filling in the basic details such as your country and time zone, for instance. The last aspect would be setting up of the billing details. Now let’s take a closer look at the most crucial aspect of your AdWords account that will end up being a defining factor regarding the path of your campaign – the account structure.
Now, this is where things can get a bit tricky for the most part – figuring out how exactly to structure the AdWords account itself. Whether you realise this now or later, the fact of the matter is that the overall account structure will most certainly end up having quite the impact on a myriad of different marketing aspects. One of the most important aspects happen to be PPC metrics such as the quality score, and so on.
To get a clearer picture, let us outline some of the most important benefits of properly structuring your AdWords account:-
Here is a good idea of how the ideal AdWords account would be structured:-
But how does one actually go about the process of using Google AdWords? Luckily for you, it is really not all that tricky as you may think. One simply needs to be clear about certain aspects and goals, which are unique to each and every marketer and business out there.
1. You need to establish definitive account goals: You need to know what exactly you are using your AdWords for. Just going in blindly without a concrete plan is of no use whatsoever. Is it specifically for E-commerce? Or rather brand building and lead generation?
Make sure that you ask yourself these questions, as well as understand that the way you structure your account and provide specific features, makes the most difference. Also, you need to ensure that your goals concerning the AdWords account are realistic. No matter how tempting it may be, you simply cannot afford to get overconfident and bite off more than you can chew.
2. Find out who your real audience is: In this regard, simply knowing who your customers are and what they are searching for is not good enough. Additionally, you also need to know which devices they use to search and whether a large chunk of your customers are more mobile-friendly or not.
Furthermore, there are other factors that you will have to keep in mind, including the aspects of what a major chunk of your customers do and the specific time period they appear to be actively searching.
1] Google Analytics: Used by more than 10 million websites all across the board, this will help you gain a valuable insight into the age and gender of your customer base as well as an overview of their interests.
2] Facebook Audience Messenger: Since Facebook has over a billion people logging in on a daily basis, you can be sure of the fact that they will have all the information you need. This information refers to the specific things people like, what they end up buying, their overall demographics and so on.
With a Facebook business page and the tool, you can analyse everyone on Facebook, people who like your page in particular or a custom list of phone numbers and emails that you upload.
3] Twitter Audience Insights: In this regard, you can use the tool on your Twitter followers to find out their various interests, occupation, lifestyle and consumer behaviour, to name a few. Even doing an analysis of one of your Twitter ad campaigns would be highly recommended.
With the help of these three tools, getting to know your audience on the whole should definitely be a tad easier, to say the least. Not only will it be easier for you to compile all of the research from every sector, but there is even the aspect of the right information being used as a springboard to make your company scale new heights in the aspect of growth.
3. Your keyword research needs to be thorough: It pretty much goes without saying that you need to bid on keywords that are specifically related to your business. Also, do not underestimate certain keyword tools. They can go a long way in helping you figure out the aspects of competition, volume and cost.
4. Reinforce the importance of keyword bidding and an overall budget: Now is the next step after you’ve made the decision regarding which keywords to bid on. You need to make sure that your budget focuses primarily on keywords that end up converting at a high rate.
5. Make sure that you structure your account with regard to different campaigns: Each particular campaign in your account would have its own specific goals. Hence, within each of the campaigns, you will need to form ad groups with proper keywords and relevant ads.
6. Write amazing ad content: Quality Score is a method employed by Google in order to grade your AdWords and keywords, depending on how relevant they are to the users. In this regard, concise ad groups and highly clickable ads are the best. Why? For the simple reason that not only do they end up raising your Quality Score, but this lowers the amount you end up paying per click while increasing your ad rank at a bargain.
7. Realise that designing great landing pages is the key: Why are landing pages so fundamentally important? Because they are the ultimate deciding factor on whether visitors will convert or not. Keeping certain tips in mind, such as focusing on benefits, a crystal- clear call to action, as well as the use of high quality images would be highly advisable.
8. Implementation of conversion tracking: Once you end up placing the necessary code on your website, you are fully set to create a specific list of conversion goals with the help of either Google Analytics or AdWords.
9. Building remarketing lists are a must: The reason this needs to be done at an extremely early stage is that this will enable you to keep your service or product in front of certain prospects. This way, it won’t matter all that much if they don’t convert on the first visit to your site.
10. Make sure that you test everything: Basically, you need to go about the process of account optimisation at every stage. This includes A/B testing your landing pages and ad copy as well as eradicating search queries that are unqualified, by adding negative keywords.
Knowing and following the above 10 steps is a must if you want to avoid committing blunders from the very start itself. Certain aspects like having a killer PPC campaign as well as getting a fix on certain methods to maximise your profit will also help you go a long way.
Lastly, if you happen to be deeply involved in Adwords to a substantial degree, you can be sure of the fact that you will need to grade your performance to see where you really stand. In order to do that, the Adwords Performance Grader is the best and easiest way to get to know where exactly you happen to stand amongst all of your other peers.
This is an extremely vital step that you cannot afford to forget. After all, there is really no point in going all-out with an AdWords campaign if you have no idea about where you stand in a sea of other marketers. It is as simple as that.
So, what has been your experience with adwords? Do you like it or hate it? Have you run a successful campaign on adwords or did you encounter any major pitfalls? Please share your thoughts and experiences in the comment section below.